We are very happy to announce the release of Unifi v2.0 and the announcement of the new Unifi Analytics portal to public BETA!! This release also includes an industry first – Company to Company Library Sharing! Collaborate around your BIM projects in a new way, with content, providing a more data consistent design for your clients. This is a very exciting release for us and our customers as we further expand the value of the Unifi platform.
- Unifi Analytics Portal BETA
- Unifi in the web, its a intriguing idea… thats what we heard from our customers over the past year so thats what we did! Currently available to Company Admins only with plans to extend to all user types, the Unifi portal is where admins can visualize Unifi usage data from their entire global design force! Analytics, batch tag/library utilities, user management, reports & several other admin focused tools will be available during this Beta release.
- FEEDBACK – Please provide your ideas to make this product better in our ideas app here: https://unifi.ideas.aha.io/?project=UWP
- ACCESS – All Company Admins may access the web app here: https://app.discoverunifi.com
- Company to Company Library Sharing
- How do we collaborate around design? Can we make it easier to share design assets between firms so our clients receive design and data consistency from project to project? As a building owner how can I easily share a single federated library of design content to my design partners across the globe? These are the questions our customers were asking and Unifi Company to Company Library Sharing is answer we created to help make our industry more collaborative around content!
- All Unifi customers may “Share” a library with another Unifi customer for collaboration around projects. Full read/write access is currently available with more access permission rights to come soon. So what are you waiting for, start collaborating easier and provide more consistent designs to your clients!
- All sharing must be initiated from the Unifi portal.
- Both the sharing company & the recipient company bust be Unifi customers to take advantage of this feature.
- Unifi 2.0
- Several enhancements have been made to the Unifi desktop client including a replacement to the Alerts screen which has been redesigned as Notifications. Library sharing is now fully integrated and live! Full release notes below.
Unifi 2.0 New Features:
- Industry acronyms now use the “OR” operator when being searched
- Unifi Search > Filter > Category – You can now type a letter and the Family Category list will jump to location in the list. Your mouse scroll wheel will finally get some rest from scrolling through the large list of categories.
- The Alerts screen has been redesigned and renamed to “Notifications”.
- A new design with sortable and filterable column headers makes it easier then ever to sort through hundreds of content uploads or requests.
- File Download – You can now multi-select elements from either the browse or search results view, Right Click > Download. A new dialog will present several options for downloading your RFA’s from the Unifi cloud.
- Currently only RFA’s are available for download with more element types coming in the future.
- You can download a single file at a time, or in batch!
- Unifi now automatically starts with Revit. This has been a highly requested feature for firms who have rolled out Unifi and would like to increase awareness of Unifi across the firm.
- Please note that Unifi will NOT pull a license from the company pool until a user logs into their account.
- Single Sign On Enhancement
- SSO customers will now experience a more seamless integration with Unifi. A new “Authenticate with Identity provider” button is available on the Unifi Login Screen which will allow the user to simply type in their email address. Unifi will then open a we browser based on the SSO choice the company has connected to Unifi’s API. The browser will take over from there allowing the user to login once and the token will be stored for all future Unifi starts until the SSO provider expires the toke. This will now make Unifi automatically log the user in as it starts without any user input of login information resulting in a happier workplace
- Login Screen – Email form now has validation to ensure proper email format is entered.
- Shared Libraries
- Search – Library selector will now show both Company Libraries AND Shared Libraries.
- Library Management – Shared Libraries will now display if available
- Browse – Shared Libraries will now display if available. The library name will be shown with the company name who shared it in brackets; ie. “Furniture Library (ACME company)”. There will also be a shared icon on the tile for quick visual identification that the library is shared with your company.
- Content Request – Shared Libraries will now display if available
- Support > Request a Feature – Now takes user directly to the Unifi ideas website
- Upload Page – Revised design with added selection of Company & Library to distinguish between shared libraries if they exist.
- Unifi Installer – various updates have been made to the installer and the updater to allow for a better overall user experience.
- Fixed an issue with slow or laggy experience opening the User Management screen when a company has 1000+ users. (Thanks Fergus!!)
- Fixed an issue in search when the Search Favorites icon does not change when Favorites filter is toggled
- Resolved an issue when Deleting a library and choosing to Move the content to another library the files were not being moved, rather stuck in purgatory…
- Adding a tag to content where the tag already exists now triggers a new tag alert to the user
- Resolved a bug where some users could not be removed from the “Automatic User Group”, this was less than optimal
- Resolved a bug where file names were being truncated at a period “.” on a revision. This was bad “um kaaay”
- Fixed some stability issues with Type Catalog files that would not parse due to white space or break lines in our cloud parsing engine.
- Fixed a bug where Admins could not cancel their content requests, only Reject them which was just silly.
- Fixed some UI consistency issues app wide, screen widths, text wrapping etc.
- Fixed a bug where underscores “_” where not being shown in Browse – Small view mode
We truly hope you enjoy this release. Thank you to all our great customers who share our vision of organizing, analyzing, and distributing the worlds BIM content!!
The Unifi team is ready for the holidays! Its been an amazing year of collaborating with our customers to identify how we can provide their design firms value and enhance their BIM processes. So many of our customers are doing some really amazing things with technology to assist them with designing & constructing incredible buildings all around the globe. The Unifi team is honored to be a part of a industry that is full of passionate design technologists and practitioners!
Happy Holidays to you and yours,