The UNIFI Team has been hard at work to release a new version of our content management solution that’s compatible with Revit 2018 and over 60 new features and bug fixes! We call it v2.3, but we know you are most interested in what’s included – here are a few highlights:
- Support for Revit 2018 as well as previous Revit versions.
- Batch Insert from Search – You can now insert multiple items into a family by multi-selecting (via shift-click or control-click) from the search results page, right clicking and selecting Batch Insert from the context menu.
- Insert into Families, not just Projects – we now allow you to insert a family from UNIFI into another RFA.
- Open Families into the Family Editor – we’re hoping to cut down some steps when editing a family by allowing users to click an Edit button in the file details that will open a family directly in the Family Editor of Revit.
- Pending Batch Upload Details – We’ve added a little bit more detail to the pending batch upload screen. Thank to Kristina for the suggestion!
- Inserting Type Catalogs – Added more horsepower behind inserting type catalogs. You should notice a difference when inserting type catalogs of significant size.
- Bubble burst – In some cases, there was a little bubble shown when hovering over a preview image. Thanks Kenny for pointing that out!
- Details – We’ve had issues where type catalogs with thousands of types created a poor user experience. As a short term solution, we’ve decided to show a max of 40 types in the file details page.
- Warning messages – There have been some cases where type catalogs have been dropped from a RFA when uploading a new revision of the RFA and the txt file is not included. We now warn you before uploading to make sure this change is intended.
- Catalog viewer – Previously when there are existing types in the project that weren’t inserted from UNIFI, we weren’t showing that in our type catalog viewer. We’ve fixed our type catalog viewer to now show those types.
- Overwriting preview images – Previously when a custom preview image was set for a file and a revision was made, the custom preview image would be overwritten by the revision’s preview image. We’ve fixed it so the custom preview image remains even after a new revision is made.
- Inserting type catalogs – Added more horsepower behind inserting type catalogs. You should notice a difference when inserting type catalogs of significant size.
- Revit 2018 steals focus when using UNIFI 2.0.4 – so be sure to upgrade!
Remember, when you upgrade – you gain access to all of these features above plus high quality manufacturing content via UNIFI Connect which is available in the Subscriptions area of the app.unifilabs.com. We created a short video to walk you through how easy it is to get this content into your libraries.