v3.0 – Multi-format is Here!
Yes, it’s true, you can now use UNIFI as your single source for all of your digital content including Revit, Bentley, AutoCAD and SketchUp files not to mention jpg, pdf, xls, doc, even movies! Now, as you work on various phases of a project, you can have easy access to all of the content in one place. In future releases, we will be creating add-ins to popular design software solutions which will further enhance our multi-format capabilities. In addition to multi-format, we were very busy adding additional features:
- …and More about Multi-Format – If an item can be saved as a file, it can be stored, searched and found on UNIFI. All previous features that dealt exclusively in Revit files will now work with all file formats.
- There are some exceptions, we do not allow executable files to be uploaded and we’ve provided a list of potentially malicious files here:.https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc767397.aspx
In addition to multi-format, we were very busy adding additional features and bug fixes to this release:
- Content Requests – files will now live within the context of a Content Request and can be inserted directly from a content request or added to a library.
- New Preview Image Picker – we updated the custom preview image picker to work with multi-monitor workstations and have a better workflow.
- C4R Support – we now support inserts & exports from C4R projects.
- Embedded PDF Viewer
- Non-Revit Files Will Open in File Extension Associated Program – if user does not navigate away from the file a watch is placed on it and saved changed will automatically be queued for upload to UNIFI as a new revision of the file.
- Protected Libraries – company admins can designate a library as protected. Content in a protected library will not be updated unless approved by a company admin.
- More Type Catalog Upload Fixes
- Batch Insert Improvements – several bugs with batch insert have been resolved. Project Browser docked state no longer matters and communication with Revit has been streamlined.
- Easy Edit is Now Available to Non-company Admin Users
- Use F5 to Refresh Search Results, File Details, Notifications, etc.
- Most Text Labels are Now Selectable and Can Be Copy/Pasted to External Programs
- Project Name Will Be Included in the Connected Program Picker
When you upgrade to 3.0 – you gain access to all of these features above plus high quality manufacturing content via UNIFI Connect which is available in the Subscriptions area of the app.unifilabs.com. We’ve got several new manufacturers on board, here are a few.
- 2021 (4)
- 2020 (3)
- 2019 (4)
- 2018 (4)
- 2017 (5)
- 2016 (5)
- 2015 (4)