V1.7 RELEASE NOTES
We are very happy to announce the release of Unifi v1.7. Highlighted in this release is the rollout of new cloud infrastructure across the Amazon AWS backbone including a completely new search engine! This new search engine project (codenamed Dewey) is all about enhancing the user experience with faster browse and searching speeds on a global scale. The Unifi team has invested heavily into a new search engine technology which is extremely scalable and reliable, two major factors we take very seriously for the Unifi product. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with an enjoyable experience when finding content for use in Revit projects!
What does this mean for your designers?
- Our internal metrics show that current Unifi search times average 2 – 8 seconds globally depending on the size and complexity of the search. The new search engine testing metrics show global search times that average .5 seconds regardless of the size or complexity of the search.
- A new “Search information bar” has been added to the top of the search and browse screens which displays how many results are being returned. This bar will also tell the user if any content is being hidden due to a incompatible Revit year among several other informative notes. You will notice the information bar also appears while browsing letting you know how many libraries or family categories are being displayed in the UI.
- The new enhanced search engine now shows reduced results the more words you add to the search bar making it easier than ever to quickly refine your search to exactly the type of content you are searching for.
This is something the majority of our users have been asking for so you got it! Your searching will be even more intuitive then ever with the intent on getting you to the right piece of content faster than ever.
- New Amazon cloud servers added to global cluster making international search times quicker (More improvements in this area are coming soon!)
- New Elastic search engine added (More improvements in this area are coming soon!…can you say integrated parameter searching!)
- Hidden results will now be displayed in the Search Information bar, users can click a link to see all incompatible Revit families
- URLs in Family parameters will now be hyperlinks within the Unifi File Details page. (thanks Ji-Yong)
- Library Admins can no longer delete libraries (thanks Fergus)
- Changed the way the Favorite icon works. The favorite (heart) icon will now toggle your favorites filter to quickly see only the items you have favorited in the current results screen.
- Any incompatible (future Revit version) families are now displayed greyed out and are unable to be inserted by the user.
- Added several stability enhancements
- Resolved a bug where certain files could not be uploaded do to inaccurate file header data within the RFA file
- Fixed some wonky text that would display in some system family names
- Fixed a bug in the content request screen where when the ‘Specific Standards’ option is selected, but no text is entered into the textbox Unifi would get angry (thanks Fergus)
- Resolved a bug where in some cases opening a PDF from a content request would crash Unifi
- Resolved a bug where certain formatted type catalogs would not insert correctly (thanks Blake)
- Fixed some labels in the Content request screen that were confusing
- Fixed a bug where some file details would appear blank if not parsed yet in the Unifi cloud. If a family is still being parsed on the cloud you will now see a “In Progress” message indicating that the cloud is still busy herding the kittens (thanks Jason)
- Fixed a bug with rolling back a file to a previous revision
- Fixed a bug where when a pending file was deleted, it would still show in the Batch Upload Review screen
- Resolved a timeout issue when if a User does not use Unifi for 30 minutes Unifi would release the licenses and the app would not log the user out. (thanks Blake)
- Resolved a bug where certain fill pattern parameters values where not being displayed correctly in the file details page
Known Bugs: We will be working quickly to resolve these known issues in v1.7.
- Queuing large batches of files for upload (2500+) is taking several minutes as the files are checked on the servers to see if they already exist first. We fully intend to make this wicked fast, but right now its not.
Sorting by Star Rating is not working properly in the filter dialog.Fixed v184.108.40.206 The “TC” icon shown overtop of the preview image, when in the file details page, is not aligned properly.Fixed v8 The “TC” icon is not shown in the search results view, both in Grid mode or Row modeFixed v220.127.116.11 New user activation emails may take up to 24 hours for the recipient to receive it. We are working with our 3rd party mail system to get this back to instantly send upon user creation.Fixed v8
- If an Admin rolls back to a previous revision of a file, the parameter values do not update in the File Details page to show the current versions parameter data values.
On very large searches, while results are still loading and the user opens up a file details page, the information can take up to 10-15 seconds to populate. This is not acceptable to the instant gratification generation and will be fixed.Fixed v18.104.22.168 instant gratification achieved! The “delete” button on a new saved search has been changed to “Cancel”, you can’t delete something that doesn’t exist.Fixed v22.214.171.124 Newly uploaded content may be shown as a revision to previously deleted content with the same name. This is a case of content identity theft, and has been resolved.Fixed v126.96.36.199 Automatically adding users to user groups was not working in some cases.Fixed v188.8.131.52 File underscores are not being removed from the content display name causing problems with finding the content while searching.(Thanks Ryan!) Fixed v184.108.40.206 Uploaded and approved content was sometimes not available in the search engine.Fixed v220.127.116.11
We truly hope you enjoy this release. Thank you to all our great customers who share our vision of organizing, analyzing, and distributing the worlds BIM data!!
The Unifi team is already working on the next 1.8 release which will include new highly requested workflow features! Stay tuned for more update news soon!
- 2021 (1)
- 2020 (3)
- 2019 (4)
- 2018 (4)
- 2017 (5)
- 2016 (5)
- 2015 (4)