Unifi can help with this due to its ability to capture custom images. Yep, any image shown on your monitor can be assigned as an elements preview image. Editing the image is totally optional, but there may be times it needs to be done. You definitely do not have to edit every image on every piece of content. Steps for this are outlined below or check out this quick video! No sound in the video, sorry!
- Start up a test project or open content.
- Modify view.
- From an item’s detail view, select “Edit File” from the buttons in the top right corner.
- Make sure the image you wish to capture is open on your screen.
- Click on the “Capture Image” button that appears below the item’s image. At this point, Unifi will hide and your monitor(s) will be blued out except for a small clear square near the center of the main monitor. A “Save Image” and “Cancel” button will appear at the top of the same monitor.
- Click on the clear square and hold the mouse button down as you move this square over the desired image.
- Click on one of the corners to resize the square if you desire. The square defaults to the minimum allowed size. The image you select will be resized to fit into the item’s icon.
- Click on the “Save Image” button to import the image into the item detail. After a moment, your image will replace the one that was previously shown.
- Click the green “Finished” button to save the changes.
Thanks for your time.
This is a post by a guest contributor not affiliated with INVIEWlabs. The opinions expressed are that of the contributor not INVIEWlabs.